Archives for the month of: October2011
Top 10 Professional Home Staging Tips
Posted by New Home Resource on October 18, 2011 in
Top Ten Home Staging Tips
We know and understand that this is a difficult time for many people. With so many homeowners underwater and looking to “Short Sale” their home, our goal is to sell your home as quickly as possible, at the best price possible!
One of the tricks-of-the-trade used before showing a home is “staging.”
Good staging looks at every feature of a home and finds ways to show it off
to its finest advantage. Whether your home is already picture-perfect or
needs a bit of sprucing up, these staging tips, taken directly from decorating
professionals, are worth considering:
The Top Ten Professional Home Staging Tips
Every Homeowner Should Know
1. Create the illusion of space by rearranging the furniture. Try different
combinations or remove and store pieces that make it feel crowded.
2. Arrange the furniture in living areas into intimate groupings that
suggest entertaining and ideal conversational settings.
3. Consider rental furniture, especially when the pieces you have don’t
match, are badly worn, or are in any state of disrepair.
4. Add decorative pillows and slipcovers in warm neutral tones to hide
flaws and make pieces blend.
5. Eliminate clutter. Store or get rid of appliances, gadgets, newspapers,
mail or anything that takes up space or distracts attention.
6. De-personalize your home so buyers can imagine living in it. Store
pictures, awards, trophies, collectibles, and other personal keepsakes.
7. Paint walls in inviting neutral colors to cover flaws and freshen rooms.
8. Add small luxurious touches to bathrooms and bedrooms. Think plush
towels, fresh flowers, high-end bed linens, and pretty bath soaps.
9. Eliminate unpleasant odors and smells that can kill a sale. Fragrant
candles, plug-ins, and home sprays can help, but nothing smells better
10. Plants add an aura of softness and warmth to any room. Large or
small, real or silk—they’re a favorite of professional stagers.
It is good advice to do all you can to make your home cozy, clean and comfortable before listing it for sale.
Penny Womack, REALTOR®, ABR, SFR