Ways to Lower your Homeowners Insurance
Posted by New Home Resource on August 14, 2014 in
1. One of the most common “sayings” that continues to pop up is Shop Around. Get multiple quotes for homeowners insurance before deciding. You want to make sure that you are getting the best savings. We suggest getting at least 2 different quotes before committing to one.
2. Your house and its contents are all that is covered in a burglary, fire or (natural) disaster, not the land. Insure only the value of your home if you are looking to safe money and still stay safe.
3. Contact your associations or places that you have memberships. Many groups are affiliated with insurance companies offering discounts on your premium. It never hurts to ask!
4. House fires occur more often when smokers are residents. If you stop smoking, be sure to contact your insurance provider about a lower rate! Things like smoke detectors, security gates and alarm systems also reduce insurance costs, make sure your agent knows!
5. Any items that could cause injury can also increase the amount of your homeowners insurance. If you have a trampoline or a swimming pool, contact your provider for safety features that will reduce the risk of an accident.
If you are looking for a new home or wanting to sell your current home, please contact a New Home Resource Realtor® today at 702-365-1000. Broker Joanna Piette, and agents Denise Moreno Thrasher, Jessica O’Brien, Evelyn ‘Beng’ Kern, Lance Partin and Kathy Paterniti are all here to help!