Wondering what to do with your sunny summer Saturdays?
Posted by New Home Resource on June 9, 2011 in
While summertime offers us a great opportunity to make the most of our
Hot hot hot sunny Saturdays, you might find yourself with some extra free time.
What to do? Why not take a little time each weekend to give your beautiful new or older home a little extra care? One of the best things about owning a home is the
pride and satisfaction derived from making it look as beautiful as possible!
With this letter, I’m including a list of some practical summer to-do’s that will
help to keep your home and garden in wonderful shape. Enjoy! And if you
need any further information, or would like to discuss any real estate
questions, please feel free to call me at 702-238-8285.
SEVEN TIPS FOR EASY SUMMER HOME CARE
1. Get rid of the green: Harsh summer heat is brutal on lawns and ups the ante on costs and water waste when it comes to caring for your lawn. Take a look at the many different alternatives to live green.
2. Fire it up: Get a head start for the upcoming winter and clean out your wood-burning fireplace and chimney. You’ll have one less winter task to attend to!
3. Carpet care: Now’s the perfect time to have your carpets professionally
cleaned, which will protect your carpet and make it last even longer.
Want to save a few bucks? Rent a quality carpet cleaner and do it
4. Touch-ups: Inspect your home—inside and out—and touch up any paint
where necessary. This can be done quickly and easily, and will prevent
5. Lock and key: Check all of the locks on your windows and doors and
ensure that everything is working properly. Being proactive about safety
is always a smart move!
6. Oil it: Anything squeaking? Add a squirt of WD-40 or similar product to
door, cabinet and window hinges to keep them in top repair.
7. Park the car: If your garage is filling up with an abundance of stored
items, take a day to reorganize and get rid of unwanted clutter. Give
your unneeded items to charity, or have a fun summer yard sale!